Minnesotans looking for answers after medical disaster
Minnesoteans are being urged to look for answers following a medical disaster which saw more than 150 people, including children, killed in an air-conditioned hospital.
Key points:A hospital was set on fire by flames, killing more than 200 peopleThe fire was put out by fire crews from the Minnesota Department of Health, but some of those firefighters are still missingSome of those who died were not identified after the fire broke out in the Twin Cities medical centre on January 16.
It is not known how many people died.
One hospital was placed on a “full lockdown” and emergency responders were called to the scene in response to the blaze, which caused a hospital building to catch fire.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire and make sure the hospital was not damaged.
They have since been able to return to work, but more than a dozen patients have been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Minnesotan Matt Schlereth told 7.30 he was a firefighter in the hospital and had been working in the basement area of the building.
“I’ve seen a lot of firefighters in the building,” he said.
“They’ve been able, so far, to put the fire out.”
The fire started at the top floor of the hospital.
“There’s not much left, so the fire was in the fire department, in the kitchen.”
It was just a lot worse than I expected.
“It’s not the first time the medical centre has seen a fire.
In March 2016, firefighters put out a blaze in a warehouse in the same building, and it killed one person and injured more than 30.